I am Nurse Julia

I am a Family Nurse Practitioner with a passion for learning and sharing knowledge. In my experience I have found there to be significant health knowledge deficits especially in underserved communities. This highlights the ongoing need for education and reinforcement of information.

My journey into the field of nursing largely stems from the fact that I come from a big family. Caretaking comes quite naturally for me and fulfills me in ways unimaginable. I genuinely enjoy meeting people and truly feel it is a privilege to be a public servant.

I earned my Bachelor of Applied Science in Nursing from Georgia State University. I then honed my clinical skills as a Registered Nurse at Emory University Hospital in the  field of Hematology/ Oncology.  After gaining several years experience, I decided to advance my practice and earned my Master of Science in Nursing (Family Nurse Practitioner) from Mercer University.

I am currently working in the NP role while looking for creative ways to promote health and reach the masses.

Advertisements

16 Comments Add yours

1. Jasmine Ward says:

Yes girl!!!!!

2. Jacqueline Cowley-Easley says:

I am very proud of you and what you’ve accomplished. And I wish you continual success.

Liked by 1 person

3. Christian Cowley says:

Wonderful!

4. Major Strong says:

Awesome… I’ll definitely spread the word…

#salute

Liked by 1 person

5. Rich says:

Congrats!!

Liked by 1 person

6. Clarence says:

So happy for you sis! Don’t forget to use your beautiful voice too while you are saving lives!!!

1. Lol thanks Clarence!!!

7. monica says:

Thank you for doing what you do.

1. You’re welcome!

8. Jasmine Ward says:

Here’s my question. I got hit in the leg by a board about a week ago. It hurts and is swollen. It hasnt bruised yet. Today I see the bruising getting darker. It seems to take me longer than usual to actually bruise verses other ppl. Is this normal?

1. The Nure Julia says:

So after any type of injury the inflammatory process takes place and you get the typical signs of heat, swelling, pain and redness. The redness comes from blood rushing to the site of injury help with repair. A bruise is nothing more than blood that traveled to the site initially- but overtime shows up in the skin as a bruise because it has to dissolve into the tissue over time. So it’s definitely normal to see a bruise later especially after some of the swelling has gone down. In some instances you can have a hematoma which is like a blood clot under the skin and it takes even longer to go away. Lastly, bruises may be harder to see on darker skin especially in the early stage of an injury. Hope this helps.

Liked by 1 person